About Me

My photo
So hi! I'm Alice... I like music, food, books, theatre and pretty much everything inbetween. I write a lot, poems, stories, songs... I'm writing a story (hopefully a book eventually) at the moment called It's In The Blood, the beginning of which can be found here: http://intheblood.blogspot.com/ What else... no idea. I am a HUGE MASSIVE GEEK!!! Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter are my babies. Leave them alone and I'll leave you alone, kay? Go here for my nerdy life http://www.aliciyar.blogspot.com

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Chapter One


It was misty and cold; no surprise in that depressing little place but there was no point going out. I was bored out of my mind. I was the sort of person who absolutely hated being stuck inside, but then, I was the sort of person who hated a lot of things. Deciding on a film, I grabbed it off the shelf, put it on and sunk into my bed. The Little Vampire, I hadn’t seen this film in about five years. I prepared for a long day.
            Three films and seven hours later it was midnight. I jumped up to switch off the television. Wandering over to close the blind I noticed that the mist had cleared. I was itching to get out of the house. Grabbing a scarf and my coat I crept downstairs and towards the door, slipped into my shoes and left. Sneaking out was easy in that house; it was pretty big, not huge but the sort of house that screams money. We had never really had the need for more money, in fact, we were pretty well off, but then my dad won the lottery. £10 million. Bought the ticket as a dare. We gave loads to charity, paid off our debts and bought the house. I hated having so much money, it alienated me, but that’s what you get when your life is run by such an impulsive father.
            Once I was out of the house I felt so free. I loved the darkness, always had done and now I suppose always will. I just walked through the little village, keeping to the shadows in case someone saw me and told my dad. I used sneak out a lot, he hated it. I came to a little turning between two houses and followed the unkempt path towards Spring Bank, then stopped. Three cars I didn’t recognise were pulling up outside number 1. Finally! Someone was moving into that house, it had been up for sale for about two years and no-one had wanted to buy in such a remote area… but now there were new tenants. My mind told me to go and greet them, but something made me hang back, perhaps it was the wind blowing my hair into my face and
making my scarf flow out behind me, warning me back, or perhaps I thought they would think me weird for wandering around in the middle of the night. Even though they were moving at 3 in the morning. But whatever it was I didn’t move, I shifted behind the fence so I had a clear view of them and, silently, hardly breathing, I watched. Out of the first car an absolutely beautiful, yet slightly irritated looking young woman emerged, locking the car and peering in at the window of the second. Two equally stunning people climbed out of it, the girl with a nervous shudder and the boy grinning. Then finally, from the third car came two entirely flawless adults, the man walking over to the door and unlocking it and the woman following, they headed inside and then all I could see was the younger girl, a nervous smile toward the house.
            Then the wind changed. The smile faded, her face was turned towards the alley I was standing in. I was petrified. She seemed to see me, I realized I had poked my head above the fence, craning to get a better look, then I ducked, turned and ran. I wasn’t the sportiest of people and I used to avoid running at all costs but I was scared, I don’t know why. Maybe it was the way she automatically knew I was there; I thought she would have turned to look in my direction even if I was hidden. When I reached home I fumbled with my keys, dropping them twice before I managed to get into the house. Luckily, my dad was still asleep and I slipped upstairs into bed, after all, tomorrow was Monday and I had a holiday job so I had to get some sleep - my usual ritual of whole nights of reading couldn’t continue for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment